FanGirl!

 
The Rift Walker (Vampire Empire, #2)

FanGirl! by Angel Lawson
Pub­lisher: CreateSpace
Pages: Kindle Edition, 302 pages
Series: -
Pub­li­ca­tion date: July 9th 2012


When Ruby Miller and her best friend, Iris, post an amateur video on their Zocopalypse fansite, neither expect the film to go viral, to be invited to lead the FantasyCon parade or meet Gabe Foster, the creator and artist behind the graphic novel.

Gabe announces Zocopalypse’s adaptation to a television miniseries and pegs college-bound Ruby to play iconic zombie hunter, Alexandra. She reluctantly accepts, pushing aside her summer babysitting job and plans to lounge around the pool in favor of negotiating with agents, hot actors and the paparazzi.

Attending zombie boot camp and memorizing lines is hard enough, but Ruby must learn to trust her instincts in a world where the line between fiction and reality ceases to exist, and the two worlds blur into one.

The reason why I got FanGirl in the first place was the theme. I’m a sucker for zombie books, or at least I used to be up till the point where the theme became overused. Throw in some nerdiness and I’m sold.

My main problem with this book is the characters. I cannot relate to any character because I am obviously not the target audience. The best way to put it is this:



Yep. Sad, but true.

Now comes the hard part. How do you rate a book that was obviously not meant for you without being a complete ass? No idea. So I’ll just leave the rating blank, let people read my review and decide whether to give it a try or not according to that. That’s the best I can do.

I also need to mention that I only managed to read around 55 or so pages. So far nothing much happened. Maybe it gets better later?

Maybe.

Maybe not.

I still think the target audience for this is the average geeky teenage girl next door. If you’re into comics, zombies, blogging, cosplaying and all that crap you’ll probably enjoy this. I’m adding in the “probably” so you wouldn’t come back bitching that you hated it and it’s my fault that you did. You silly person.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...