Sins & Needles (The Artists Trilogy, #1)

 
The Rift Walker (Vampire Empire, #2)

Sins & Needles by Karina Halle
Pub­lisher: Metal Blonde Books
Pages: Kindle Edition, 437 pages
Series: The Artists Trilogy
Pub­li­ca­tion date: January 24th 2013


Ellie Watt is used to starting over. The daughter of a grifting team, Ellie spent her childhood being used as a pawn in her parents' latest scam. Now she's much older, wiser and ready to give her con artist life a rest. But returning to the dry desert town of Palm Valley, California means one more temptation than she bargained for - Camden McQueen. Once known as the high school weirdo, Camden is bigger and badder than the boy he used to be and a talented tattoo artist with his own thriving business. Ellie's counting on Camden still being in love with her but what she's not counting on is how easily unrequited love can turn into obsession over time. When Camden discovers Ellie's plan to con him, he makes her a deal she doesn't dare refuse, but her freedom comes with a price and it's one that takes both Ellie and Camden down a dangerous road.

Sins & Needles is a pretty unique book, I guess, when compared to all the other New Adults I’ve read - which are pretty few, to be honest. I feel disappointed though, because I was expecting something else.

What disappointed me the most are the characters. Even though, in theory, I was supposed to like them both, after reading a good chunk of the book I’ve realized that I pretty much dislike both Ellie and Camden.

Ellie is a strong independent woman and I like this about her. Her overall personality pisses me off because she’s mostly a douche. Something ain’t right with that girl.

Camden was supposed to be one of my fictional crushes. He ended being… weird. Theoretically he’s hot. A sea of tattoos on a hot ripped body, piercings, artist, plays the frigging guitar in a band. But he is a – excuse my lack of a better word - weirdo. He is also too calm and too freaking nice for my taste. Meh. I like me some bad boys in this situation.

I also didn’t like the romance between the two MCs. I felt like things went too fast. There were not enough - ugh I can’t believe I’m saying this - romantic moments between them. Thirty four percent in and they already were doing it doggy style. Not cool.

I’m very disappointed because I am really in the mood to read a New Adult romance and I can’t seem to find anything good enough. This was my last try, at least for a while. Later on I might try to scavenge some more books from this genre, maybe I’ll get lucky.

I dropped Sins & Needles around 40% so I have no idea if things get better or not later on. Remember this while considering my review.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...