The Dead Girls' Dance (The Morganville Vampires, #2)

 
The Rift Walker (Vampire Empire, #2)

The Dead Girls' Dance by Rachel Caine
Pub­lisher: Signet
Pages: Kindle Edition, 256 pages
Series: The Morganville Vampires
Pub­li­ca­tion date: April 3rd 2007


Claire Danvers has had her share of challenges—like being a genius in a school that favours beauty over brains, dealing with the homicidal girls in her dorm and, above all, finding out that her college town is overrun with blood-sucking fiends. On the plus side, so far Claire and her friends have managed to survive getting on the wrong side of some Morganville VIPs... Vampire Important Persons. But their temporary peace is in danger of collapsing, thanks to the arrival of her new boyfriend’s scary father and his vampire-fighting supporters.

I’m going to make this real short, so here are some thoughts.

The Dead Girls' Dance didn’t impress me much. I felt like the events that the story focused on weren’t so interesting, and this didn’t get me in the right mood. I didn’t think it was better than Glass Houses, and it wasn’t worse. Claire was better though. Eve and Michael were as good as ever. Shane. Meh. He bothered me many times, but in the end he was alight.

I got used to Rachel Caine’s cliffhangers so I was bracing myself for a big one. Nope. It was rather stupid, if you ask me. My good friend Alk told me that book #3, Midnight Alley, is badass so I’m pretty excited about it. Will be reading it asap.


P.S. You guys should totally read this series. You’ll love it!

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...