Midnight Alley (The Morganville Vampires, #3)

 
The Rift Walker (Vampire Empire, #2)

Midnight Alley by Rachel Caine
Pub­lisher: Signet
Pages: Mass Market Paperback, 245 pages
Series: The Morganville Vampires
Pub­li­ca­tion date: October 2nd 2007


Morganville is such a nice place to live... And die. If you don’t mind that sort of thing.

When Claire Danvers learnt that her college town was run by vampires, she did what any intelligent, self-preserving student would do: she applied for a transfer and stocked up on garlic. The transfer is no longer an option, but that garlic may come in handy.

Now Claire has pledged herself to Amelie, the most powerful vampire in town. The protection her contract secures does little to reassure her friends. All of a sudden, people are turning up dead, a stalker resurfaces from Claire’s past, and an ancient bloodsucker extends a chilling invitation for private lessons in his secluded home.

Fans of Morganville Vampires rejoice! We finally got a book that lives up to this series potential. Or at least gets very close to it. Which is cool.

I really love this series and it pains me to give these books less than five stars. Morganville Vamps can do five stars easily. It just doesn’t work too hard to reach that for some reason unknown to me yet.

I never felt like continuing a series after giving the first book three stars. Never. That means that I found the series meh. Meh doesn’t want me to instantly buy the book and find out what happens next. And yet Morganville always leaves me wanting more. Is it the fact that the series is amazing or should I blame it on the cliffhangers? Or both? I’m going for both.

I do hope that the next installments will be even better since Midnight Alley gave more depth to the vampire universe. Caine keeps on adding more and more details to her stories and characters and all this boosts up the quality of her books. I am le extremely happy.

I’ll be picking up Feast of Fools asap.

P.S. Check this cool Wiki.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...