Breadcrumbs

 
The Rift Walker (Vampire Empire, #2)

Breadcrumbs by Anne Ursu
Pub­lisher: Walden Pond Press
Pages: Paperback, 320 pages
Series: -
Pub­li­ca­tion date: January 2nd 2013


Once upon a time, Hazel and Jack were best friends. But that was before he stopped talking to her and disappeared into a forest wth a mysterious woman made of ice. Now it's up to Hazel to go after him. Inspired by Hans Christian Andersen's "The Snow Queen," BREADCRUMBS is a story of the struggle to hold on, and the things we leave behind.

I judge books by their covers and I’m not ashamed of it. That doesn’t mean that I read a book just because it has a pretty cover. Far from it.

I judge covers according to their relevancy to the content inside the book. I think that covers should represent the books story in the best way possible. Covers that portray a certain scene from a book are my usually favorites. I’m mentioning this because the reason why I picked up Breadcrumbs is, surprise surprise, the cover. The story that the cover tells seemed very interesting. An epic adventure starring a cute kid lost in the forest. Maybe throw a bit of fantasy and some helpful wolves and you get a potentially good book.

I got the audiobook for this one, and I was shocked that the story is nowhere near what the cover shows, nor what the blurb says. I made it one hour through and I gave up. Thus far, what I got from the book is the story of an adopted insecure kid struggling through a school of mean kids who are racist fuckers.

Not really what I wanted. Not at all.

A big DNF.


View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...