Enshadowed (Nevermore #2)

 
The Rift Walker (Vampire Empire, #2)

Enshadowed by Kelly Creagh
Pub­lisher: Atheneum
Pages: ebook, 429 pages
Series: Nevermore
Pub­li­ca­tion date: August 28th 2012


Varen Nethers is trapped in a perilous dream world -- a treacherous and desolate realm where the terrifying stories of Edgar Allan Poe come to life. Isobel Lanley, plagued by strange visions and haunted by the nightmares of Varen's creation, is the only one who can save him.

Isobel knows that her only hope lies within a Baltimore cemetery. There, in the early morning hours of Edgar Allan Poe's birthday, a mysterious stranger known as the "Poe Toaster" will make his annual homage at the legendary poet's grave.

Only the Poe Toaster holds the key to the way between worlds. But even greater dangers lie ahead for Isobel. An ancient evil, draped in veils of white, is watching, challenging her for Varen's affections. When Isobel finally finds Varen, he is no longer the quiet and brooding boy who once captivated her, but a dark force, powerful and malevolent.

The Poe Toaster.



Oh wait, I have an even better one!



Don’t give me that look. I’m sure I‘m not the only one who imagined this.

Starting Enshadowed was a huge mistake. And before you go all berserk on me, no I don’t mean that it’s a bad book. On the contrary, it’s a very good book. What actually made me say this is the ending. That god forsaken ending. Then again, Nevermore had a frustrating ending as well, so I guess I should have seen it coming.

What bothered me about the ending, besides the obvious things - those who have read the book know what things I’m talking about - is the fact that book three will be out in fucking 2013. 2013. What the hell? That seems like a lifetime away.

Why couldn’t I wait until all three books are out, and then start the series? Why? Because Nevermore was too tempting. Now look at me paying the price. Enjoy watching me beg and suffer.



Buy it. Join the suffering.

The reason why I’m not giving it five stars is Varen’s absence. Isobel is great, but not great enough to cover up his absence. The story was also lacking at some points. Too much parenting going on, not enough magic. This got me a bit bored.

And the ending. That fucking ending. Someone please hand me a gun.

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...