The Batman Chronicles, Vol. 1 (The Batman Chronicles #1)

 
The Rift Walker (Vampire Empire, #2)

The Batman Chronicles, Vol. 1 by Bill Finger, Gardner F. Fox, Bob Kane (Illustrator), Jerry Robinson (Illustrator), Sheldon Moldoff (Illustrator)
Pub­lisher: DC Comics
Pages: Paperback, 192 pages
Series: The Batman Chronicles
Pub­li­ca­tion date: April 1st 2005


Presenting an exciting new way to experience the rich history of the Dark Knight in an affordable trade paperback collection of every Batman adventure, in color, in chronological order!

Batman Chronicles, Volume 1 reprints Batman stories from DETECTIVE COMICS #27-37 and BATMAN #1, featuring the earliest adventures of the Dark Knight by Batman creator Bob Kane, Bill Finger, Gardner Fox, Jerry Robinson and Sheldon Moldoff.



I started watching the Batman animated series and I’m in love with it! That made me want to know more about our dark avenger, so it made sense that I get the original comics and give them a try. This did not turn out as I have planned.

First of all the illustrations suck. Bigtime. But keep in mind that this is vintage stuff, so you have to respect it. I respect it. But fun-wise? Nah. No. Just no. Calling the story cheesy is an understatement.

I will give the next books a try since I want to read the Batman comics from the beginning till the end. It will take a shitload of time but I’m cool with it.

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...