Dreamfever (Fever, #4)

 
The Rift Walker (Vampire Empire, #2)

Dreamfever by Karen Marie Moning
Pub­lisher: Delacorte Press
Pages: Kindle Edition, 400 pages
Series: Fever
Pub­li­ca­tion date: August 18th 2009


In the New York Times bestselling author Karen Marie Moning's stunning new novel, the walls between human and Fae worlds have come crashing down. And as Mac fights for survival on Dublin's battle-scarred streets, she will embark on the darkest-and most erotically charged-adventure of her life.

O ye of little faith … you didn’t even try.

The perfect song for Dreamfever has to be Powerless by Linkin Park. Go ahead and listen to it while reading my review. It’s worth it.

If I was mad at the end of Faefever, then I can’t even begin to express my feelings about the ending of Dreamfever. Saying that it’s WAY worse isn’t enough. It’s extremely frustrating when you think of it. But it sure makes the Fever experience even better, doesn’t it?

Dreamfever is obviously my favorite book in the series. At least so far. This is the second time I read Dreamfever, and I have already finished the upcoming book, Shadowfever, and I can say that Shadowfever tops Dreamfever. No doubt about it.

We start out with Dublin in ruins. Hell, the world is in ruins. We left Mac in a bad situation, but we get kicked into events pretty well. A heartbreaking prologue followed by the world seen by Dani. I have a newfound respect for the kid, and I got attached to her even more throughout the book.

V’lane was good. I guess I may start to like him. But just a bit. I still don’t trust the bastard, and until we find out who the fourth is I’ll have him as the top of my suspect list.

Mac was great. I must admit that I was happy when she was Pri-ya. Things got a bit spicier when she had less self-control. However, I did miss her real self. I’ve gotten attached to level-headed and overly thinking Mac. Even so, she did one hell of a booboo at the end of the book. It was so obvious who the creature was. I used to blame her for this mistake but now I it all makes sense. It was a play and I mostly hate Barrons for it.

And speaking of the overly arrogant bastard, I really used to love him. Until he opened his mouth and ruined everything. I’m stuck in between loving him and hating him right now so I can only say: it’s complicated. I’m sure behind all that assholeness lies some dark secret that made him this way. He’ll surely end up Mac, and I’m really glad for it. Nevertheless, as they say, the journey is more important than the destination so the upcoming events will influence everything.

Am I the only one who’s super excited about the upcoming Fever books? No?


My reviews for the other Fever books:

Darkfever (Fever #1)
Bloodfever (Fever #2)
Faefever (Fever #3)
Shadowfever (Fever #5)

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...