Bloodfever

 
The Rift Walker (Vampire Empire, #2)

Bloodfever by Karen Marie Moning
Pub­lisher: Delacorte Press
Pages: Kindle Edition, 337 pages
Series: Fever
Pub­li­ca­tion date: October 16th 2007


I used to think my sister and I were just two nice southern girls who'd get married in a few years and settle down to a quiet life. Then I discovered that Alina and I descend, not from good wholesome southern stock, but from an ancient Celtic bloodline of powerful sidhe-seers, people who can see the Fae. Not only can I see the terrifying otherworldly race, but I can sense the sacred Fae relics that hold the deadliest of their magic.

When my sister was found dead in a trash-filled alley in Dublin, I came over to get answers. Now all I want is revenge. And after everything I've learned about myself, I know I have the power to get it....

MacKayla Lane's ordinary life underwent a complete makeover when she landed on Ireland's shores and was plunged into a world of deadly sorcery and ancient secrets.

In her fight to stay alive, Mac must find the Sinsar Dubh-a million-year-old book of the blackest magic imaginable, which holds the key to power over both the worlds of the Fae and of Man. Pursued by Fae assassins, surrounded by mysterious figures she knows she cannot trust, Mac finds herself torn between two deadly and irresistible men: V'lane, the insatiable Fae who can turn sensual arousal into an obsession for any woman, and the ever-inscrutable Jericho Barrons, a man as alluring as he is mysterious.

For centuries the shadowy realm of the Fae has coexisted with that of humans. Now the walls between the two are coming down, and Mac is the only thing that stands between them....

 

My Mini-Interview for Bloodfever:

What do you think of Mac and Barrons's relationship so far? How is it different from the way it was when they first met?
When they first met, there was nothing to their relationship except mutual benefit. Most of their relationship is still based on that, but I'm also beginning to notice how Mac and Barrons are coming to depend on one another for more than just the Book.

Nonetheless, their feelings for each other are still developing at snail pace and the most noticeable change occurs only towards the ending, when Barrons rescues Mac yet again.

What's your favorite scene?
This one:

I was about to look away when he reached across the seat, touched my jaw with his long, strong, beautiful fingers, and caressed my face.

Being touched by Jericho Barrons with kindness makes you feel like you must be the most special person in the world. It’s like walking up to the biggest, most savage lion in the jungle, lying down, placing your head it its mouth and, rather than taking your life, it licks you and purrs.

I still swoon every time I read it.

Can you see Barrons owning a pet? If not, why? If so, which one?
I can't see him owning something cute and fluffy at all, but I can see where a hawk or an eagle might come in handy for all those mysterious tasks he carries out, something evil-looking and vicious like this:


What was your initial impression of Dani?
"Annoying brat! Do we really need another character who clearly knows more about Mac than she does herself? Gaah!!"

What do you think is Barrons first priority at this point in the series: Mac's Safety or Finding the Book?
Mac's safety, because he can't find the book without her.

What was your favorite quote from the whole book?
“One day you will kiss a man you can't breathe without, and find that breath is of little consequence.”

______________________________

Originally read from July 19-21, 2010

**Fever Reread July 2012!!**

Along for the ride are:

Anzu,
Aly,
Alky,
Brittany,
Jesse,
and ME!

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...