Shadowfever (Fever #5)


MacKayla Lane was just a child when she and her sister, Alina, were given up for adoption and banished from Ireland forever.

Twenty years later, Alina is dead and Mac has returned to the country that expelled them to hunt her sister’s murderer. But after discovering that she descends from a bloodline both gifted and cursed, Mac is plunged into a secret history: an ancient conflict between humans and immortals who have lived concealed among us for thousands of years.

What follows is a shocking chain of events with devastating consequences, and now Mac struggles to cope with grief while continuing her mission to acquire and control the Sinsar Dubh—a book of dark, forbidden magic scribed by the mythical Unseelie King, containing the power to create and destroy worlds.

In an epic battle between humans and Fae, the hunter becomes the hunted when the Sinsar Dubh turns on Mac and begins mowing a deadly path through those she loves.

Who can she turn to? Who can she trust? Who is the woman haunting her dreams? More important, who is Mac herself and what is the destiny she glimpses in the black and crimson designs of an ancient tarot card?

From the luxury of the Lord Master’s penthouse to the sordid depths of an Unseelie nightclub, from the erotic bed of her lover to the terrifying bed of the Unseelie King, Mac’s journey will force her to face the truth of her exile, and to make a choice that will either save the world . . . or destroy it.

image5

book review50

Wow what a perfect ending for a flawless series! Well not really flawless but as close as perfect as possible. Some may not think much of Fever but I have to tell you that this is my favorite series so far. I simply fell in love with the story and characters and I’m actually sad I’m done with it.

The good thing is that Fever didn’t need another book. It would have ruined everything. Maybe Karen Marie Moning will make another series for Dani, which is kinda encouraged by the last page in the book:

The end… for now

I was jumping up and down when I read it. Well… not really but it put a smile on my face. Dani’s ending wasn’t settling enough to put a stop to this universe so I can see something related to her brewing in the future.

Well, back to our problem at hand. The previous book killed me. I mean come on I knew it’s going to be Barrons but I also knew he won’t die. He’s a too important part of the books and also Mac’s other half. No spoilers here I’m just stating the obvious. It was my opinion since the beginning and it’s up to you to guess whether she’ll end up with him or the dog that is V’lane. Gad I hate that guy/fairy/a#s.

Sooooo Barron’s death was an important lesson: you don’t know what you have until you lose it. Sad sad, very sad but so damn true. This put in motion a side of Mac that was too (d)numb to react to the prince that is my hero *flaps lashes* so she goes all commando and gets into the dark side of town. Get all cozy with them bad guys. I guess this was cool but I found it difficult to swallow this. I mean Mac is kind of a pussy. But now she’s badass so we gotta love her!

Barrons gave me some good ups and downs. There were some moments where I wanted to hit him in the head but I can’t really stay mad at him. He’s too cool to stay mad at and he made it up by the end of the book. Made it up sooooo gooooood *flirt*

Ah speaking of Mac. Let’s try that Catwoman test on her again shall we?

Cooler-than-Catwoman8

And BAM! Catwoman bites the dust!!! Well done Mac.

Shall I pick on V’lane again? The dude is too good to be true. All you Fae lovers suck it! Seriously! These creatures are too disgusting to look at us “puny” humans. So looking at this guy with his sweet smile, gifts and puppy eyes just gives me the creeps. He’s hiding something big and if you’re too blind to see it then shame!! For shame!!!

Oh I have a question for you. Is it wrong to have wild passionate sex while people are getting killed outside your house? For a few days. Is it wrong that I find this right? Gah I sound strange right now.

There were many twists in the already twisted plot. People pretending to be something they’re not, good guys turn bad, females thinking they’re males and having sex with other males. Things that freaked me out. But I wouldn’t have it any other way. Fever is one hell of a series and it was worth every second spent reading it. Top notch Karen Marie Moning! I love you woman!!!!

*cries while the lights go off*

Aaah I have some questions now. I’ll mark them as spoilers because (duh) it will spoil (hah) the story a bit for some of you. So press Ctrl+A to view it.

How was Barrons’ son born? Who was his mother? How come his son never grew up like the rest of them? Why is he stuck in this age even though him dying should have done some cleansing on him? Aren’t they supposed to, I dunno, reset or something when they came back from the dead? I still didn’t get my answers so maybe you guys can help.

Aaaand another part that I found funny was:

“Why do you care?” I said irritably.

“Because I’m her husband, MacKayla. And your father.”

*heavy breathing* “Luke! I am your father”

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Dun duuun duuuuuuuuuuuuuun

Wtf really?!?!

Aaaah and for those of you who made fun of my hate towards V’lane I say: SUCK ON IT!!! He was the mother$%#ing bad guy after all! Hah! Am I good or what? Damn I hate his guts…

Before I end this:

I TOLD YOU SO!!!!

Now I’m happy.

Have a good day.

die6

Top 5 quotes

#5 As he fills me, I wonder if—in the same way that sex makes its own unique perfume—we don’t really “make” love. As in create, manufacture, evoke an independent element in the air around us, and if enough of us did it really well, for real, not just for the hell of it, we could change the world. Because when he’s in me, I feel the space around us changing, charging, and it seems to set off some kind of feedback loop, where the more he touches me, the more I need him to.

#4 Everywhere I looked, I could see only shades of gray. Black and white were nothing more than lofty ideals in our minds, the standards by which we tried to judge things and map out our place in the world in relevance to them. Good and evil, in their purest form, were as intangible and forever beyond our ability to hold in our hand as any Fae illusion. We could only aim at them, aspire to them, and hope not to get so lost in the shadows that we could no longer see the light.</i>

#3 Spoiler! Ctrl+A to view
“You’re Mac,” he says. “And I’m Jericho. And nothing else matters. Never will. You exist in a place that is beyond all rules for me. Do you understand that?”
I do.
Jericho Barrons just told me he loves me.

#2 Once, long ago on her world, a sunny day in spring was her favorite, but now a sunny day in winter delights her more. It is the perfect metaphor for their love.
Sunshine on ice.
She warms his frost. He cools her fever.

#1 You can’t look at someone with your eyes and take their measure.
You have to look with the heart.

 
Final Score: *****

fav

Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning
Urban Fantasy
January 18th 2011

Series list

Darkfever (#1)

Bloodfever (#2)

Faefever (#3)

Dreamfever (#4)

Shadowfever (#5)

Darkfever (Fever, #1)

Bloodfever (Fever, #2)

Faefever (Fever, #3)

Dreamfever (Fever, #4)

Shadowfever (Fever, #5)


Author’s Website
Buy it at Amazon

Currently Reading Next Stop
The Two Towers (The Lord of the Rings, #2)One Silent Night (Dark-Hunter, #16) Dragon Bound (Elder Races, #1)Beg For Mercy (Trilogy, #1)Natural Born Charmer (Chicago Stars, #7)

Pay me a visit

t2 f2 g2 da2


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...