Dreamfever (Fever #4)


MacKayla Lane lies naked on the cold stone floor of a church, at the mercy of the erotic Fae master she once swore to kill. Far from home, unable to control her sexual hungers, MacKayla is now fully under the Lord Master’s spell.…In New York Times bestselling author Karen Marie Moning’s stunning new novel, the walls between human and Fae worlds have come crashing down. And as Mac fights for survival on Dublin’s battle-scarred streets, she will embark on the darkest—and most erotically charged—adventure of her life.

He has stolen her past, but MacKayla will never allow her sister’s murderer to take her future. Yet even the uniquely gifted sidhe-seer is no match for the Lord Master, who has unleashed an insatiable sexual craving that consumes Mac’s every thought—and thrusts her into the seductive realm of two very dangerous men, both of whom she desires but dares not trust.

As the enigmatic Jericho Barrons and the sensual Fae prince V’lane vie for her body and soul, as cryptic entries from her sister’s diary mysteriously appear and the power of the Dark Book weaves its annihilating path through the city, Mac’s greatest enemy delivers a final challenge.…

It’s an invitation Mac cannot refuse, one that sends her racing home to Georgia, where an even darker threat awaits. With her parents missing and the lives of her loved ones under siege, Mac is about to come face-to-face with a soul-shattering truth—about herself and her sister, about Jericho Barrons…and about the world she thought she knew.

image5

book review50

If I was mad at the end of Faefever I can’t even begin to express my feelings towards Dreamfever. Yes, the ending was even worse. Yes, this is my favorite book so far in the series. Yes, I’m devastated that I’m currently reading the last book in the series. Yes, I’m in love with Fever.

We start out with an amazing cover. Dublin is in ruins, hell the world is in ruins. We left Mac at a horrible ending but we get kicked into things pretty well. A heartbreaking prologue followed by the world as seen by Dani. I have a newfound respect for the kid and I got to get attached to her more throughout the book.

V’lane was good I guess I may start to like him. But just a bit. I still don’t trust the bastard and until we find out who the fourth is I’ll have him as the top of my suspect list.

Mac was great. I must admit that I like her more when she has less self-control. God I can’t even make a funny review now. I’m dat freakin’ sad!!!! Sorry! I must focus!!! So yeah Mac was cool but she did one hell of a bubu at the end of the book. I hate her for it. I seriously blame her for what happened because everything was so obvious to me and yet she failed to see it. Won’t spoil anything but I’m simply mad. I’ll add some thoughts in a spoiler below after I’m done.

Barrons is my favorite character of all time. I really love the guy and I’m damn sorry to see him suffer. I’m sure behind all that assholeness lies some dark secret that made him this way. He’ll surely end up happy with Mac and I’m really glad for it. But as they say the journey is more important than the destination so the upcoming events will influence everything. I’m just damn sad I have one more book left. I’ll miss Barrons so damn much.

Anyways here’s something to lighten up the mood. The question of the day is:

Cooler-than---male6

Yep! Barrons is the ultimate superhero! Period!

.

.

.

Cry I cry I cry and cry some more. Make it right you idiot or die!!!

Warning spoiler ahead. Read at your own risk. Ctrl + A to read.

You could f$%#ing tell the monster was Barrons. I mean it was huge as a billboard in front of her! Not the monster lol! Uhm yeah I guess the monster also but still not important! It had the same personality and the same damn way of reacting around her. I mean keeping a pet under the garage n sending it like a hound-dog after her wasn’t right! She should have wondered wtf was with that! And I never liked Ryodan since the moment she saw him. He just gave out some bad vibes. Could he be the fourth? I’m sure Barrons will be ok in the final book but that doesn’t change the fact that Mac stabbed him in the back. Literally.

 

Top 5 quotes

#5 “We fucked, Ms. Lane. Even cockroaches fuck. They eat each other, too.”


#4Names are illusions,” he growled. “Nonsensical labels seized upon by people to make them feel better about the intangibility of their puny existences. I am this. I am that,” he mocked. “I came from so and so. Ergo I am … whatever the blah-blah you want to claim. Bloody hell, spare me.”


#3 “I’ve been in your skin,” he taunted. “I know you inside and out. There’s nothing there. Do us all a favor and die so we can start working on another plan and quit thinking maybe you’ll grow the fuck up and be capable of something.”


#2 Regardless of how many people I surrounded myself with, no matter how many friends and family I loved and was loved by in return, I was alone at the moment of being born and at the moment of dying. Nobody came with you and nobody went with you. It was a journey of one.


#1 “There’s only one question that matters, Ms. Lane, and it’s the one you never get around to asking. People are capable of varying degrees of truth. The majority spend their entire lives fabricating an elaborate skein of lies, immersing themselves in the faith of bad faith, doing whatever it takes to feel safe. The person who truly lives has precious few moments of safety, learns to thrive in any kind of storm. It’s the truth you can stare down stone-cold that makes you what you are. Weak or strong. Live or die. Prove yourself. How much truth can you take, Ms. Lane?”

 
Final Score: *****

fav

Dreamfever by Karen Marie Moning
Urban Fantasy 
August 25th 2009
Series list

Darkfever (#1)

Bloodfever (#2)

Faefever (#3)

Dreamfever (#4)

Shadowfever (#5)

Darkfever (Fever, #1)

Bloodfever (Fever, #2)

Faefever (Fever, #3)

Dreamfever (Fever, #4)

Shadowfever (Fever, #5)


Author’s Website
Buy it at Amazon

Currently Reading Next Stop
Shadowfever (Fever, #5) The Two Towers (The Lord of the Rings, #2)One Silent Night (Dark-Hunter, #16)Dragon Bound (Elder Races, #1)Beg For Mercy (Trilogy, #1)

Pay me a visit

t2 f2 g2 da2


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...